1. PROJECT TITLE
HALFETİ ECO-TOURISM PROJECT
Project Objective: The objective of the project is increase the tourism potential and protect the environment in Şanlıurfa- Halfeti region. Halfeti has a suitable infrastructure and cultural characteristics for ecotourism. Also this project gives the opportunity to increase employment and the income of the local people.
Project Scope: This project contents cultural, natural, social, economical development in the region. And it expands the employment and the tourism potential. Birecik Dam Lake is a good example for the tourism attraction point because of the natural and cultural assets. For the improvement of the tourism infrastructure in Halfeti, the project will be planned according to the rural, social, natural and cultural structure.
In this sense, related institutions, NGO’s and local authorities will come together for;
- Establishing the "Halfeti Ecotourism Cooperative" for the local women
- Restorate the old traditional Halfeti houses for the tourism accommodation
- Producing the traditional goods such as foods, medical plants, handicrafts etc.
- Providing consciousness with training programs about "Pension" and "Production and presentation of traditional goods" and "Eco-tourism"
- Realizing the promotion of Halfeti
Project Situation: GAP Administration started to attempt for the coordination of the project. The presentation of the project and creating infrastructure is planning by the related by the parties.
2. PROJECT TITLE:
PROJECT OF THE EVALUATION OF THERMAL TOURISM POTENTIAL IN GAP REGION (THE CASE STUDY OF DIYARBAKIR- ÇERMIK TERMAL AREA)
Project Objective: Improve a different sense and approach for utilizing the geothermal resources with compare the traditional spa use. The objective of the project is generating the infrastructure of the efficient and productive use of geothermal resources during 12 months in a year for the human health, fitness, recreational, entertainment, relaxation, sports etc.
Project Scope: The Ministry of Culture and Tourism have been started the "Thermal Tourism Cities Project". Çermik Thermal Area has a potential of thermal tourism so it’s under the scope of this project. This thermal resource is using for only bathing. The main aim is building an integrated cure park, cure center and accommodation plant with international standards.
In the contents of the project,
- With the initiatives of the Ministry of Culture and Tourism, composing the legal and administrative fiction with coming together with the stakeholders,
- With the proposals of the Ministry and Tourism, determining the qualifications of the plant locality
- Determining the principles of the management support with the contribution of the representatives of the sector (TUROB, TYD etc.)
- Providing the ownership of the project by local authorities,
Preparing the various educational programs,
- Giving education programs to the personnel
- Educate personnel for spa, mud bath (peloid) implementations, gas bath, drinking cure, cure with respiration(inhalation) etc.
- Educate the local actors such as tradesmen, drivers etc. for giving good service to the tourists
- Promotion the region to the tourists and authorities and tourism professionals with some facilities.
- Realization of CD, web site and brochure.
Project Situation: The temperature of the spring is 50 C degrees. General Directorate of Mineral Research and Exploration (MTA) made 3 drilling well. The only one spring run dry by the studies by MTA-1. MTA-1 was found in 1984 and it’s flow 21 lt/sec. MTA-2 was also found in 1984 but there was no production in this well. MTA-3 was found in 1991. Dicle University - Center of Physical Rehabilitation and some pensions and spa centers use this spring. Also it’s suitable for mushroom cultivation and balneology (the science of bathing).
Diyarbakir Çermik Thermal Tourism Center declared "Tourism Center" with the Tourism Promotion law of no 2634 in 17.10.1993. And 1/5000 scaled plans were approved in 01.10.2002.